Expert, Professional Solutions for Caregivers of People with Alzheimer's and other types of Dementia
ThirdAge Services is the only company of Certified Dementia Consultants in the Dallas Fort Worth area devoted to families with a loved one having a form of Dementia. (Alzheimer’s, Vascular Dementia, Lewy Body Disease, FrontoTemporal disease, Stroke, Parkinson’s with Dementia, Dementia with depression, and other forms of dementia).
Our services are for all members of the family of the person with dementia as these diseases affect the entire family. Some of the services we provide to help our clients care for family members with dementia are:
Education on the nature and course of the diseases
- How to communicate
- Best practices of caregiving
- Negative behaviors
- Dealing with negative behaviors
- Combating stress, guilt and anger
Connecting families to the resources they need
for planning and management of the disease process
- Eldercare attorneys specializing in Medicaid financial planning and/or guardianship if needed
- Specialists such as Geriatricians, Neurologists and Geriatric Psychiatrists for diagnosis and treatment of cognitive illnesses
- Recommendation of specific Home Care companies with specialized training on dementia and caring for persons with dementia
- Recommendation of specific Assisted Living and Memory Care communities with the best dementia care available at varying price points
- Recommendation of real estate agents moving companies and estate liquidators specifically trained to work with older adults and their families to help move their loved one into assisted living or memory care
- Recommending other services as needed; such as home repair and remodeling, financial planners for asset management, long-term care insurance companies, consulting pharmacists
A thorough geriatric assessment of the individual(s) with dementia
carried out by our geriatric care manager, a certified specialist.
The assessment includes:
- Screening dementia tests to approximate what stage the person is in their disease
- Evaluation of personal and family finances available to put toward care
- Consideration of the personality of the person with dementia and family dynamics to better match home care workers or community placement if needed
- A safety check of the home
- Preparation for legal and health care issues that may arise
- Addressing additional issues and concerns of the family regarding the individual
- A report of findings is given to the family and a plan for care is laid out for them including specific resources appropriate to the individual’s and family’s needs, along with contact information for those resources.
- Continued assistance to the individual and family is available. The family needs only to ask. The family is in control of the level of assistance delivered.
Additional services can include:
- Help with paying bills
- Maintaining financial records
- Assisting with Medicare and other claims
- Interfacing with long term care insurance companies
- Helping detect or avoid fraud
- Arranging transportation for the individual
- Arranging for concierge/personal assistant services
- Arranging for delivery services
- Arranging for doctors to come to the individual’s residence
- Arranging for a consulting pharmacist to come to the individual’s residence
- Other services as requested
Resources, support, solutions you can trust -- that's exactly what ThirdAge Services offers.